Creating an inclusive early childhood education setting is critical in assisting young children in feeling confident and empowered to contribute and succeed in a group environment. If you work or plan to work in an early childhood education and care environment, it's a great idea to upskill in the area of building inclusive practices. Through having the skills and knowledge to build an inclusive environment, you'll be better prepared to help children to learn at their own pace, and through the style of learning that is best for them, while contributing to your professional development.
When inclusive practices are in place in the early childhood education setting, children develop a sense of belonging and feel nurtured, enabling them to thrive and meet their milestones in regards to their readiness for reading, writing, mathematics and social skills.
A great way to upskill is to study CHCSS00072 - Building Inclusive Practices Skill Set, this course is nationally recognised training, which is fantastic in increasing your professional qualifications. Students who complete this Skill Set and want to further their study will be eligible for credit towards a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
Why Study the Building Inclusive Practices Skill Set?
This skill set provides an excellent opportunity for childcare workers to increase their professional knowledge and workplace opportunities.
The skillset covers six subject areas, including:
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
- Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- Reflect on and improve own professional practice